I love these cute, clever, and amazing Bento Box lunches!
Although I'm seriously tempted to try out some of her lunch menus/recipes, I didn't quite have the supplies on hand. Still, I tried to be a little creative with Zoë's Field Trip Picnic Lunch.
She wanted Lunchables. You know, those nasty little plastic lunches where the crackers taste like the container, has processed cheese and ham. Ew! Yeah, yeah, I wanted them as a kid, too. I even used to like American (processed) cheese.
But, since I wanted the lunch to actually cost less than what it would cost to feed our whole family lunch at home (isn't that the part of the reason for taking a lunch?), I scrounged around in my fridge and food storage to see what I could come up with.
I grabbed crackers, cookies, juice, applesauce, string cheese, slice of Cheddar cheese, and ham. I also grabbed the box the cookies were in, since it was the last bag of cookies.

I turned the box inside out and taped it back together. I needed something a little stiffer to prevent the wax paper box from being crushed.

I then cut out five squares from wax paper and folded, folded, folded and folded until I got one large box with a lid and three smaller divider boxes that fit inside. I then packed the little wax-paper box with the cracker sandwich fixin's:

Placed the lid on, put everything carefully inside the box, and Voila! A little box lunch:

Zoë was more excited about the contents than she was about the presentation. Oh well, it was fun putting it together.
3 comments:
So cute! So creative! I'm impressed. I'll admit--I've been known to buy the 99 cent lunchables and just add an apple and water bottle. I think they're disgusting, but Olivia loves them.
What a sweet mother!!! I love this idea! Thanks so much for always sharing your great ideas!
You are the mother my kids wish they had.
Post a Comment