We were waiting and waiting for spring. The end of March brought a foot of snow over an ice storm, April was cold and blustery. Finally, in May we got our garden raised bed fixed up, our bulbs from our wonderful neighbors, the Hall's, bloomed, and I couldn't stand not having color, so implanted the hanging baskets... And we were so happy!
Our backyard showing where we plopped the raised bed.
We planted lettuce and spinach plants , and put in some spinach seeds.
I will have to include a picture of our garden now, cuz it looks so different! But we were really happy with these little plants, and we loved fixing salads with greens we grew!
One day in May, despite the clouds, it was 80°! The girls got on their new suits and played in the water (sprinkler).
See those beautiful hyacinths? Daffodils? Those are from the Hall's!
As I was planting the hanging baskets and looking at the beautiful bulb flowers that had finally emerged, I thought continually of the Halls who always had such a beautiful yard, and who planted beautiful flowers in a planter box on their front porch.
The neighborhood girls all got their suits on and they ran around, laughing, screeching, playing, and having a great time. We were ready for summer!
So, although we are sad to no longer have the Hall's across the street, we are grateful and glad we have such great friends in our new neighborhood.









0 comments:
Post a Comment